Friday, June 8, 2012

Washi Tape Pill Case Storage

Pill Case Banner

A long, long time ago I shared the craft closet in my office.

In that closet, I have a shoe organizer hanging on the door to hold my paper punches and other miscellaneous or frequently accessed supplies.

Craft Storage

If you look a little closer, you’ll see that I had everything for this project waiting for me in the pockets.

Labelled Storage

Technically, it’s not washi tape, but Canada is late to that party.

If you have access to washi tape 1. I’m very envious and 2. you can make this, too!

Anyway, last winter I bought a value pack of assorted scrapbooking embellishments from HomeSense and was pleasantly surprised to find that it had two packages of this fabric tape inside.

Fabric Tape 2

Many months later (I have good intentions!) . . .

I cut 7 pieces of tape, covered up each day of the week on the pill case and then filled each compartment up with my scrapbook brads. 

Brad Storage 1 WM

The tape was the exact same width as the raised rectangle so all I had to worry about was the length.

Pill Case Zoom WM

I love that I can still see what’s inside without opening the case.

Open Case Tilted WM

So easy!

Open Case 3 WM

Now all my brads are in one place, and there’s a spot freed up in my organizer for more fun craft supplies!

Open Pill Case WM

What on earth was I waiting for?

Do you ever finish a project and think “what took me so long?” Next week, I’ll be sharing my longest crafting procrastination EVER!

Happy Weekend!

Pin It

P.S. Want to know how I use brads? They’re not just for scrapbooking! Check out my paint chip balls!


I link up at: Serenity Now, I {Heart} Naptime, Under The Table And Dreaming, NiftyThrifty Things, Simply Klassic Home, Home Stories A to Z, Craftomaniac, Skip To My Lou, Not JUST A Housewife, A Bowl Full Of Lemons, Alderberry Hill, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, A Diamond In The Stuff, Creatively Living, The Winthrop Chronicles, Clean & Scentsible, Oopsey Daisy, Lil’ Luna, Live.Laugh.Rowe, The 36th Avenue, aka design, House of Hepworths, 52 Mantels, Thrifty Decorating, Crafty Scrappy Happy, How To Nest For Less, Tatertots & Jello, The Grant Life, It’s Overflowing, Lolly Jane, Too Much Time, Six Sisters’ Stuff, Positively Splendid, My {Re}purposed Life and The Crafted Sparrow

Thank you to all the hosts!


11 comments:

  1. Well that is as cute as can be...and simple too! Saw you at the Crafted Sparrow and am happily following you via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that! What a cute improvement. And using a pill box for brads/etc is brilliant.

    I can't believe you don't have washi tape in Canada yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i need to get some washi tape! i've never used it, but it seems like a lot of crafters use them to make things

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Simple and perfect! That little bit of pattern adds a lot of style to that pill box! So jealous of your craft space - mine is just a corner of our unfinished basement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrific idea. So many little parts could go in theses boxes. I will be checking out Dollarama pill boxes next time we go to town. I'm thinking jewellery findings. Thanks for the idea.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's these little details that I go crazy for - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute idea- I think I would put some tape inside the flip tops too to cover up the lettering so I wouldn't see it- I'm a bit anal like this though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea Claire! I think this would be so handy for many different craft / scrapbooking items. I don't get to Home Sense very often, but really like it there. Next time I'm there I'll have to check for some scrapbooking items.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this project Claire! You have inspired me to go buy some of these pill cases for my beads! Love how you decorated it, love those small details! Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute little storage idea, and you made it look so much prettier!

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea, and I love the tape you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I appreciate you taking the time to comment - it makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...