Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Silhouette Cameo Mother’s Day Card

Here’s another card that I made using my Silhouette Cameo for my Mother-in-Law. I wanted to make sure it was in the mail on Sunday evening so it was a Saturday night project.

To create the layout, I searched through my Pinterest card inspiration board and came across this pin that I really liked.

Pinned Image

Source: Just Dandy Studio via Claire on Pinterest

I started with a package of garden-themed scrapbook paper that I picked up from HomeSense and built the card around that.

The stripes are Washi tape, the daffodil and tag are stamped with Tim Holtz’ Distress Ink and I used Baker’s Twine as an embellishment! 

Mother's Day Crop WM

 

The sentiment was sketched using my Silhouette sketch pens in the font Lavanderia.

Sketch pens make it so easy to customize your card sentiment!

 

Mother's Day Zoom WM

 

Mother's Day Card square WM

I hope Mr. Mechanic’s Mom likes her card!

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. How pretty!! I love the colors :) and that you used the sketch pens! I havent been gotten that far yet.. soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cards Claire - you are very talented! I must be the only human being on earth that hasn't used Washi tape, have to go out and get some!! Have a great week! Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are gorgeous.You've inspired me with some new techniques.I've never used Washi tape and it looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is pretty awesome. Now I will have to learn about these pens.
    I really like your choice of font also that you used. How do you use these pens? Can you select any of the fonts that I currently have on the computer?

    I just purchased the Lavanderia font nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire, it's perfect! Your Mother in law will LOVE IT! Hope you're having a super day! SMiles, Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I appreciate you taking the time to comment - it makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...