Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother’s Day {or any other occasion} Card

You’ve seen the gifts (click for more details)

Etched Cup Flowers 1 WM

and the recipient, now here’s the final piece – my Mother’s Day card.

Mother's Day Card embellished with flowers and buttons from A Little Something In The Meantime

I had a lot of fun creating this card because it incorporated one of my crafting favourites . . . buttons!

I have SO many buttons in all different colours, but I don’t think that I have ever actually used them on a card.

If I haven’t said it already, double-sided scrapbook paper is a great investment. The colours and patterns already co-ordinate which makes it simple to embellish cards with multiple papers.

For this card design, I chose several double-sided papers from the same pack and cut out a variety of flower shapes and sizes with my Silhouette.

Pieces 1

As usual, I cut lots of extra pieces so that I will be able to make this card again. They now have their own storage case.

Since I’m a perfectionist, I find the initial card takes a really long time to design, but, once I have the pieces, it is always quick and easy to make duplicates.

I also used my white sketch pen to add “Happy Mother’s Day” to the Kraft paper pennant. I have several of these pre-cut with congratulations and birthday sentiments.

Mother's Day Card Pieces WM

To assemble the card, I rounded the bottom corners of the background paper and mounted it on a card base cut from Kraft paper as well.

Some of the flowers have a foam square behind them to add some dimension. Other than that, everything (including the buttons) was attached to the card using my newest tool – a Xyron tape runner.

I bought a kit containing three different Xyron adhesives and refills for $12.99 at HomeSense. I can’t wait to use the sticker maker!

Mother's Day Crop Horizontal

Mother's Day 2 WM

Mother's Day Angled WM

(Gee, can you tell my Mom loves flowers?)

I had a wonderful time creating these handmade gifts for my Mom. Now I need to focus my energy on creating something for my Dad’s birthday (May 30th) AND Father’s Day. He’s always a challenge! I think I’ll be getting some help from Pinterest!

I don’t know about you, but I’m looking forward to the long weekend!

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

P.S. My Mother-in-Law is an avid gardener, too! Check out the card I made for her this year here.

Linking up here as well as to these great parties!

Thank you to all the hosts!

Home Stories A2ZWeekend Bloggy Reading

7 comments:

  1. Is anyone able to pin an image from this post? Each time I try, it says that my site has been reported to link to spam or inappropriate content. Is there something I'm not seeing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card and gifts are wonderful. Lucky Mom. Right now I have been unable to Pin anything from any site on Pinterest. I just get a circle with a ! in it. I don't know what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was able to pin it! :) Stopping by from the blog hop and saying HI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm discovering your blog today through the Picket Fence's blog hop. I've been having so much fun touring your site and all your great ideas. I'll be back...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you via the blog hop. I am excited to be your newest follower :)
    Love your taste and your style!
    Meegan@whatmeeganmakes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! I love all of the layering. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I appreciate you taking the time to comment - it makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...