Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Iced Cappuccino Protein Smoothie Recipe

Ingredients Watermarked PicMonkey Banner

My friends and family will tell you that I am a picky eater.  So, when I say something is delicious, that says a lot!

In my {humble} opinion, this iced cappuccino drink is just as delicious as something you would buy at Starbucks or Tim Horton’s and I’m sure it’s a lot healthier.

FYI, I have absolutely no affiliation with Bolthouse Farms, I just happen to love their Perfectly Protein Mocha Cappuccino drink. I buy at least 2 bottles a week.

I don’t drink coffee, tea or milk on a regular basis so this protein drink is a way for me to get a lot of nutrients, protein and calcium all in one shot, plus it’s very filling.

When I am teaching, I bring this in a reusable bottle filled with a ratio of about two thirds cappuccino to one third milk.

When I am home for lunch, I use my Magic Bullet to make this Iced Cappuccino Protein Smoothie.

Ingredients Zoom WM

 

Four ingredients and a blender, that’s all you need!

 Ingredients BEV WM Numbered

Ingredients

  1. Ice cubes (I use 2)
  2. Flavoured coffee creamer (the one I like is Caramel Macchiato)
  3. Milk (any kind, even chocolate milk would work)
  4. Perfectly Protein Mocha Cappuccino drink

Instructions

* remember, I use a Magic Bullet, so adjust quantities according to your blender’s size

  • Fill blender cup approximately 2/3rds full with Cappuccino drink.
  • Add approximately 1/4 cup of flavoured creamer and two ice cubes.
  • Fill the rest of way with milk until it is just above the cup handle.
  • Blend or pulse until the ice stops grinding.

 

Ingredients in cup WM

 

See how it thickens up?

 

Protein Smoothie WM

You could stop here . . .

 

or, add a dollop of whipped cream!

 

Protein Smoothie with cream WM

(I wish I had some bright, beautifully styled photos of the finished product but it has been a rainy, overcast week so far and I just couldn’t wait any longer! By the time I discovered the photos were dark, I had already “consumed” my photo subject!!!)

 

Ingredients Square Banner WM

In Canada, you can find this drink with the refrigerated salad dressings in all major grocery chain stores.

If you live in the United States, it looks like you have even more flavour options within the protein line of Bolthouse Farms drinks. Lucky you!

Will you be making your own iced cappuccino smoothie any time soon? Do you have any great recipes that I should check out?

Thanks for reading!

Pin It
 
P.S. If you’re visiting for the first time, I’d love for you to check out my recap post on projects you may have missed!

Linking up here as well as to these great parties!

Thank you to all the hosts!

Home Stories A2ZWeekend Bloggy Reading
 

6 comments:

  1. OH-this looks yummy! I am visiting the Superstore today and will definitely look for the Bolthouse product. I could use a kick like this mid-day to boost my energy to get through the rest of the school year!! (How much longer til summer vacay....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Bolthouse had a mocha cappuccino! I'm totally going to have to look for that. I drink (probably way too much) coffee, and am always trying to find ways to make it healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love iced/frozen coffees. Looks like Im going to have to try this one :) YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making frozen drinks! I just made homemade frosties last week and they were amazing. I'll have to try this one!

    I'm your newest follower from the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a complete meal, caffeine and protein in one:)

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I appreciate you taking the time to comment - it makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...