Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hanging A Banner: A Quick Tip

Remember my sheet moss banner?

Hanging Sheet Moss Banner

I still love it, but on more than one occasion I have walked into my Living Room to find that it has fallen down, leaving little pieces of sheet moss everywhere!

In the past, I would hang my banners using painter’s tape. However, something about my house (the humidity or direct sunlight, maybe?) makes it lose its stick.

Then, I had an epiphany!

Banner Hanging Tip Before

 

Banner Hanging Tip Take Two Hooks

 

Banner Hanging Tip Turn Upside Down

Stick the upside down Command hooks onto the surface where you will be attaching your banner. {Obviously you would choose more discreet hooks if they were going to be visible!} I tried styling my mantel without the mirror and it looked naked. So, the hooks are adhered to the back of my giant mirror.

Now, I can tie an adjustable loop at each end of my banner and hook it around the Command hook for hanging.

Banner Hanging Tip Adjustable Knot

Super easy and . . .

Banner Hanging Tip After

It’s my Dad’s birthday today (Happy Birthday, Dad!) and I am so excited about the gift that I made for him! Once he has seen it, I can share it with you!

In the meantime, do you have any why-didn’t-I-think-of-that tips or tricks to share?

Pin It
 
P.S.  Check out another banner idea, here (it’s not just for St. Patrick’s Day!)
 

I link up at: Serenity Now, I {Heart} Naptime, Under The Table And Dreaming, Nifty Thrifty Things, Simply Klassic Home, Home Stories A to Z, Craftomaniac, Skip To My Lou, Not JUST A Housewife, A Bowl Full Of Lemons, Alderberry Hill, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, A Diamond In The Stuff, Creatively Living, The Winthrop Chronicles, Clean & Scentsible, Oopsey Daisy, Lil’ Luna, Live.Laugh.Rowe, The 36th Avenue, aka design, House of Hepworths, 52 Mantels, Thrifty Decorating, Crafty Scrappy Happy, How To Nest For Less, Tatertots & Jello, The Grant Life, It’s Overflowing, Lolly Jane, Too Much Time, Six Sisters’ Stuff, Positively Splendid and The Crafted Sparrow

Thank you to all the hosts!


10 comments:

  1. Look how smart you are! What a great tip! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smartie pants!! Level 4 for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They also make small clear hooks and I've used them on the outside edge of my white mantel. They are practically invisible and you can take them down any time you want to. I hadn't thought of putting them on the back of a mirror or picture though. I have a giant one over the mantel and would love to borrow this idea for it - that is if I can get the hubs to help me take it down and hang it back up again! Thanks for the great idea! I'm pinning this to my Clever Stuff board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. smart! I would never have thought to make a moss pendant -- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Claire! This will come in handy for other banners or items you will want to hang for the various seasons / holidays! Put any other 3M hooks / picture hangers up yet!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good solution, Claire! I love the mossy pennant banner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant idea Claire! The moss banner is so pretty! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always wanted to try the hooks but never remember to buy them when I am out! Glad you found a solution that works.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the moss banner! So cute =)

    Visiting from I Heart Naptime

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a dweller in a very humid region, I very much appreciate this tip! And the moss banner idea to begin with, which I'd missed before.

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I appreciate you taking the time to comment - it makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...