Thursday, May 3, 2012

DIY Jewelry - Resin Rose Earrings

Time for another jewelry project that coincidentally would make a perfect Mother’s Day gift!

(I love making jewelry and own a RIDICULOUS amount of supplies. Expect more jewelry projects in the future).

Resin Rose Earrings Banner WM

I originally picked up a package of these resin flower embellishments from Michaels with the plan of turning them into magnets. That would have been fun, but I think these are much prettier than magnets!

Rose Earrings Polaroid Frame

To make your own earrings, you only need four things:

Square Materials Rose Earrings WM

1. Earring blanks (if these were for me, I would use stud earrings)  2.  Resin flowers  3. Tweezers 4. E-6000 (or another adhesive suitable for metal)

Assembly could not be easier . . .

While holding your rose with tweezers, apply a small amount of glue to the back and adhere it to the earring blank. Adjust the positioning of each rose before leaving it to dry.

My roses were slightly smaller than the diamond shape on the earring blank so I had to move them around to get the right placement.

Tip: Once the adhesive dries, your tweezers are also handy to remove any excess glue.

If you have a Silhouette, you can cut an earring backing card using this shape download. So easy!

To finish it off, I added a strip of “crafting tape” (that’s the Canadian equivalent of Washi tape) to the card. I think it still looks a bit plain, but I wanted to take advantage of the beautiful sunshine so this is how I left it (for now).

Rose Earrings Plate WM

Earrings Diagonal WM

Earrings Zoom WM

I have a new-found appreciation for people who photograph jewelry – I had to use glue dots to keep them from moving around!

Square Crop Resin Rose Banner WM

Do you have any great gift ideas for Mother’s Day? I’d love to find out what you’re making – feel free to add your blog post’s address in the comments!

Pin It
 
P.S. If you’re looking for these flower embellishments, I found them in the scrapbooking section.

Linking up here as well as to these great parties!

Thank you to all the hosts!

Home Stories A2ZWeekend Bloggy Reading
 

8 comments:

  1. These are lovely, Claire. They remind me of the little rose flower earrings my mother always wore as I was growing up. She had them in every colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't be easier! These are so pretty. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome! And you've given me so many ideas with this post. I'm going to be looking for those backs and flowers in my Michael's. I picture rings, bracelets, and more with the flowers and I could convert some old vintage clip earrings with those backs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your yellow rose earrings very pretty

    have a nice day and if you find time come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter has a blue pair of these that we bought at Claire's - for lots of $! She would love to make these - will definitely show her - she'll be thrilled!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty!! I would like to invite you to share at my link party for Mother's Day gifts at http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2012/05/mothers-day-gifts.html. Thank you! Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are absolutely beautiful. I made some jute wrapped pots and a gift basket for my mom and MIL. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I appreciate you taking the time to comment - it makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...